How common is delirium tremens?

Delirium tremens is a severe form of alcohol withdrawal, which is commonly found in people with a history of alcohol withdrawal. It is most common for those who drink several pints of wine or beer daily for months or who have habitually abused alcohol for over 10 years. Delirium tremens may be more common for those suffering from other illnesses related to alcohol abuse.

Continue Learning about Substance Abuse and Addiction

Can Medical Marijuana Laws Curb Opioid Use?
Trading one drug for another is a risky proposition, but sometimes it works—swapping heroin for methadone, for example. What about medical marijuana a...
Is the use of prescription painkillers on the rise?
The supply of prescription painkillers is larger than ever. In fact, the quantity of prescription pa...
How do I know if I have a drug or drinking problem?
George JosephGeorge Joseph
If you regularly drink or take drugs to cope with depression and stress, or feel a growing temptatio...
What Are the Signs of Drug Addiction?
What Are the Signs of Drug Addiction?