How has addiction treatment evolved and how does that impact my options?

Arif A. Karim, MD
Neurology
Addiction treatment has evolved over the years; there has been a shift from spiritual, community-based programs to more comprehensive, integrative treatments. Watch psychiatrist Reef Karim, DO, discuss how addiction treatment has progressed. 

Continue Learning about Substance Abuse and Addiction

Hidden Hookah Dangers
Hidden Hookah Dangers
The use of hookahs -- pipes that bubble tobacco smoke through water before you puff -- doubled among middle- and high-schoolers in just one year. Now ...
What is cocaine?
Cocaine is one of the oldest known drugs. In the early 19th century, this stimulant was used as an i...
Is there any harm in women drinking to combat stress or nervousness?
For women, drinking to combat stress or nervousness can lead to harm. Women often begin to abuse alc...
How Do I Know If I Am Enabling Someone?
How Do I Know If I Am Enabling Someone?