What are some things I can do for a family member in active addiction?

George Joseph
Addiction Medicine
Learn about addiction. The more you know the better. Attend family support groups such as Al-Anon; research the Internet for sites such as SAMHSA, NIDA.

Continue Learning about Substance Abuse and Addiction

Pain, The Opioid Epidemic and How Health Care Has to Improve
Opioid addiction is a national epidemic—and so is chronic pain. Could there be a relationship? 1.  In 2015, 2 million Americans had a substance use d...
What do I do if I have a drug or alcohol problem?
Fredrick WadeFredrick Wade
If you are asking the question, you have made an important first step by acknowledging there may be ...
What are some concerns doctors have when prescribing opioids?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
Some concerns that doctors have when prescribing opioids include the following:  It's critical th...
How Can I Help Someone Who Is Addicted to Drugs?