Can I quit using drugs on willpower alone?

Learning to live without drugs is not about willpower; it's about finding the personal support and nurturance you need, and redefining your life without the drugs by making changes in your habits, friends, and other aspects of your life.

Formal treatment programs provide medical care, individual and group counseling, and a range of other support services to help you quit, cope better, and create support networks. It may be particularly helpful to look for programs that focus on the specific needs of women.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: A New Edition for a New Era

America's best-selling book on all aspects of women's health With more than four million copies sold, "Our Bodies, Ourselves" is "the" classic resource that women of all ages can turn to for...

Continue Learning about Substance Abuse and Addiction

9 Keys to Safe Opioid Use
9 Keys to Safe Opioid Use
You’ve probably heard about opioids in the news, since abuse and overuse of these powerful pain relievers has contributed to a national crisis of addi...
What is denial and how do I recognize it?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Denial is looking past the problem instead of facing it. Psychologists consider denial the most chil...
What are some warning signs of teen substance use?
George JosephGeorge Joseph
Warning signs of teen substance abuse may include:• Secrecy – all of a sudden it’s “not your busines...
What Are the Signs of Drug Addiction?
What Are the Signs of Drug Addiction?