Can pornography be addictive in men?

Ian Kerner, PhD
Sexual Health
“Addiction” may seem like a strong word to describe the problem, but these days, easy access to Internet porn has made dependency a real issue for lots of men. Sexual arousal and gratification affect the same reward centers in your brain as other addictive behaviors and substances, from gambling to drugs.

Continue Learning about Substance Abuse and Addiction

How to Get Help for Widespread Drug Use Disorder
In the 2002 made-for-TV movie, The Secret Life of Zoe, Julia Whelan (Zoe) plays a teenager whose divorced mother (Mia Farrow) and father (Cliff De You...
What can help me avoid relapsing if I quit smoking or another addiction?
Dr. Mike Dow, PsyDDr. Mike Dow, PsyD
It's fairly easy for an ex-smoker to resist lighting up after he's quit for two years, but if he...
Who is most likely to abuse prescription painkillers?
Understanding the groups at highest risk for overdose can help target interventions. Research shows ...
What Common Addiction Behaviors Fascinate You?