Are older people more susceptible to substance abuse?

Older people are more susceptible to substance abuse. Substance abuse is one of the most common health problems in VA nursing homes and the rate has increased as Vietnam veterans age.

Continue Learning about Substance Abuse and Addiction

How to Avoid a Relapse During the Most Stressful Time of Year
The holidays are meant to be a time of rest and enjoyment, surrounded by warmth and loved ones. But in reality, it tends to be a time of last minute s...
How can I help someone who is addicted to drugs?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
To help someone who is addicted to drugs, first recognize that you can't fix the problem yourself. T...
When do my risks drop after quitting smoking, drinking and abusing drugs?
Howard E. Lewine, MDHoward E. Lewine, MD
It is never too late to make healthier lifestyle choices.The health risks of using tobacco and over ...
How Can I Help Someone Who Is Addicted to Drugs?