How can I manage my subdural empyema on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

If you think you may have subdural empyema, you should not try to manage it yourself. Subdural empyema is considered a medical emergency, so you should get medical attention immediately. Left untreated - by surgically removing the pus and administering antibiotics - it can progress quickly and become life-threatening.

Continue Learning about Subdural Empyema

Is a CT scan or MRI better for diagnosing subdural empyema?
To diagnose subdural empyema, your doctor will want to look at images of the inside of your head. Al...
Is subdural empyema serious?
Subdural empyema is serious and is considered a medical emergency. Treatment is available, but immed...
What are the treatment options for subdural empyema?
Because subdural empyema can progress quickly and become life threatening, it is considered a medica...
What should I know about caring for someone with subdural empyema?
If you are caring for someone with subdural empyema, keep in mind that this infection is a medical e...