How can I manage my subdural empyema on a daily basis?

If you think you may have subdural empyema, you should not try to manage it yourself. Subdural empyema is considered a medical emergency, so you should get medical attention immediately. Left untreated - by surgically removing the pus and administering antibiotics - it can progress quickly and become life-threatening.

Continue Learning about Subdural Empyema

How does subdural empyema affect the body?
Subdural empyema develops because an infection enters the space between the middle and outer layers ...
How is subdural empyema diagnosed?
To diagnose subdural empyema, your doctor will first question you about your symptoms. They will the...
How do medications treat subdural empyema?
Medications have an important role in the treatment of subdural empyema. To fight the infection, you...
What causes subdural empyema?
Subdural empyema is an infection caused by bacteria that inhabit the space between the middle and ou...