If I'm at risk for a stroke, how should I prepare?

If you are at risk of having a stroke, prepare for an emergency by displaying important phone numbers prominently next to the telephone, such as the numbers of your doctor and a relative or close friend who should be contacted. It's also a good idea to keep on hand a current list of prescription medications and other drugs you use and a brief medical history to take to the hospital in the event of a stroke.

Continue Learning about Stroke

What You Need to Know About Stroke
What You Need to Know About Stroke
About 795,000 Americans suffer a stroke every year and of those, 130,000 die, making stroke the fifth leading cause of death in the U.S. These are so...
Is a stroke serious?
A stroke is a serious and potentially life-threatening condition. People who suffer a stroke need em...
5 Ways to Lower Your Stroke Risk Now
5 Ways to Lower Your Stroke Risk Now5 Ways to Lower Your Stroke Risk Now5 Ways to Lower Your Stroke Risk Now5 Ways to Lower Your Stroke Risk Now
About 80 percent of strokes are preventable—if you make little changes to your day. Learn about these five easy ways to reduce stroke risk and get hea...
A Stroke Survivor Shares Her Experience
A Stroke Survivor Shares Her Experience