How do I manage my stroke on a daily basis?

A stroke is a life-threatening condition, and recovery can be a slow and challenging process. Depending on the areas of the brain affected, individuals who survive a stroke may have lasting physical problems. Movement can be affected, as can vision, speech, hearing, and breathing. Caregivers are often necessary to assist with day-to-day needs and to provide companionship.

Continue Learning about Stroke

Strokes in Young People: Are the Numbers Really on the Rise?
Age is a major risk factor for having a stroke, and the risk of stroke doubles each decade after age 55. That doesn’t mean that adults in their 20s, 3...
What is a perinatal stroke?
Dr. Aria Fallah, MDDr. Aria Fallah, MD
Perinatal stroke is a stroke at the time of birth usually but can also happen later in life via caro...
7 Stroke Risk Factors Women Should Know
7 Stroke Risk Factors Women Should Know7 Stroke Risk Factors Women Should Know7 Stroke Risk Factors Women Should Know7 Stroke Risk Factors Women Should Know
Each year, 55,000 more women have a stroke than men. Learn the reasons why—and what you can do.
A Stroke Survivor Shares Her Experience
A Stroke Survivor Shares Her Experience