How do I manage my stroke on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

A stroke is a life-threatening condition, and recovery can be a slow and challenging process. Depending on the areas of the brain affected, individuals who survive a stroke may have lasting physical problems. Movement can be affected, as can vision, speech, hearing, and breathing. Caregivers are often necessary to assist with day-to-day needs and to provide companionship.

Continue Learning about Stroke

Is It a Headache or a Stroke?
Is It a Headache or a Stroke?
When you get a headache, you might take aspirin and try to shrug it off. But sometimes a headache is a sign of something more serious—like a stroke, a...
5 Ways to Lower Your Stroke Risk Now
5 Ways to Lower Your Stroke Risk Now5 Ways to Lower Your Stroke Risk Now5 Ways to Lower Your Stroke Risk Now5 Ways to Lower Your Stroke Risk Now
About 80 percent of strokes are preventable—if you make little changes to your day. Learn about these five easy ways to reduce stroke risk and get hea...
Where Is the Data Analysis Technolgy Going 5 or 10 Years in the Future?
What Causes Stroke?
What Causes Stroke?