How common is stroke in the United States?

In the U.S., roughly 795,000 people have strokes annually, and 130,000 people die of a stroke each year. Strokes account for 1 out of every 19 deaths. 

Continue Learning about Stroke

Recognizing Stroke Symptoms
Recognizing Stroke Symptoms
When a stroke occurs, quick action could mean the difference between life and death, consciousness and a long-term coma, mobility and permanent paraly...
What questions might I ask my doctor if I have had a stroke?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
If you have had a stroke or mini stroke, it is not unusual to feel concerned and want as much infor...
5 Ways to Lower Your Stroke Risk Now
5 Ways to Lower Your Stroke Risk Now5 Ways to Lower Your Stroke Risk Now5 Ways to Lower Your Stroke Risk Now5 Ways to Lower Your Stroke Risk Now
About 80 percent of strokes are preventable—if you make little changes to your day. Learn about these five easy ways to reduce stroke risk and get hea...
The Team That Saved Dr. Oz’s Father’s Life