How should I prepare to return home after stroke treatment?

Before returning home permanently after stroke treatment, it's a good idea for you to visit for a day or a weekend so that relatives or caregivers will have a chance to identify and correct potential problems. If you have trouble getting around the house, for instance, furniture may need to be rearranged, throw rugs removed, and handrails built. If you need a wheelchair, doorways may have to be widened and ramps or lifts installed.

Continue Learning about Stroke Treatment

How do medications treat a stroke?
Dr. Steven A. Meyers, MDDr. Steven A. Meyers, MD
Medications for stroke generally fall into 2 categories, medications used to treat the stroke that i...
Is there a cure for a stroke?
Menorah Medical CenterMenorah Medical Center
Unfortunately, there is no cure for stroke. Getting tPA (tissue plasminogen activator) treatment as ...
What should I do if someone is having a stroke?
Los Robles Regional Medical CenterLos Robles Regional Medical Center
The first thing you should do after a stroke is call 9-1-1. You should NOT take an aspirin.
What happens after carotid endarterectomy surgery?
Dr. Navyash Gupta, MDDr. Navyash Gupta, MD
If you have significant blockage of your carotid artery, and your surgeon determines that you need s...