Are there alternative treatments for a stroke?

A stroke is a life-threatening condition that requires emergency care. There are no alternative treatments that can effectively treat the condition. Depending on the type of stroke, surgery and other procedures aim to either control bleeding or increase blood flow in the brain to minimize damage.

Continue Learning about Stroke Treatment

What should I do if someone is having a stroke?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
If you think someone is having a stroke, remember the acronym FAST, which stands for "Face, Arms, Sp...
Does getting treatment quickly reduce stroke damage?
Dr. Muhammad A. Taqi, MDDr. Muhammad A. Taqi, MD
You should call 9-1-1 and get to the hospital immediately if you suspect a stroke, says Muhammad Taq...
What can I expect at the hospital if I am having a stroke?
Frankfort Regional Medical CenterFrankfort Regional Medical Center
When you go to the hospital for a stroke, you'll be monitored, tested and go through other assessmen...
What does a neurointerventional surgeon do?
Samuel Y. Hou, MDSamuel Y. Hou, MD
A neurointerventional surgeon specializes in the endovascular treatment of stroke. In this video, ne...