Can I reduce my risk of stroke by controlling my blood pressure?

Audrey K. Chun, MD
Geriatric Medicine
In general, the lower your blood pressure, the lower your stroke risk. Blood pressure control is probably the single most important thing you can do. The vast majority of people can have their blood pressure controlled if they go to their doctors when they're supposed to, and follow their doctors' advice.

Continue Learning about Stroke Risk Factors

What are the causes and risk factors of stroke at a young age?
HCA VirginiaHCA Virginia
Family history is the main indicator of stroke risk, especially early in life. It’s not related to m...
Can stress increase my risk of a stroke?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Lawrence Brass, M.D., associate professor of neurology at Yale Medical School, found that severe...
Is the Level of Vitamin C in the Body Related to Stroke Risk?
When Should a Woman with Heart Palpitations See a Doctor?