Can using the contraceptive patch increase my risk for stroke?

The contraceptive patch delivers 60% more estrogen into the blood than the pill. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved changes to the label of the contraceptive patch to reflect results of epidemiologic studies, which found that users of the contraceptive patch had a higher risk of developing serious blood clots than women using birth control pills.

Continue Learning about Stroke Risk Factors

How does an aneurysm cause a stroke?
An aneurysm is a swelling in an artery of the brain. In some cases, people are born with an aneurysm...
Is stroke less of a concern for women than breast cancer?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
According to the National Stroke Association, even though most women believe they are more at risk o...
If My Carotid Arteries Are Clogged, Am I At Risk for a Stroke?
4 Ways to Lower Dangerous Triglycerides
4 Ways to Lower Dangerous Triglycerides