What should I do if I had a stroke but plan to return to work?

According to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, about 25 percent of strokes occur in people between the ages of 45 and 65. So, returning to work is a big concern for this group during their rehabilitation. A vocational therapist can work with you and your caregivers to advise you of your right to reasonable accommodations in the workplace and coping with your return to work.

Continue Learning about Stroke Rehabilitation

What is cognitive rehabilitation therapy in stroke rehabilitation?
Natalia S. Rost, MDNatalia S. Rost, MD
Stroke can disrupt cognitive abilities, including memory, learning, and awareness. Cognitive rehabil...
What rehabilitation options are available for stroke victims?
Dr. Christopher M. Goshgarian, MDDr. Christopher M. Goshgarian, MD
Rehabilitation options available for stroke victims depend on the person's needs and can occur on an...
What is a stroke rehabilitation assessment?
Dr. Natalia S. Rost, MDDr. Natalia S. Rost, MD
Just as the range of disability following stroke varies widely, so will rehabilitation needs. Rehabi...
What is a stroke rehabilitation hospital?
Natalia S. Rost, MDNatalia S. Rost, MD
Stroke rehabilitation hospitals include free-standing hospitals and special units in acute-care hosp...