What should I do if I had a stroke but plan to return to work?

According to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, about 25 percent of strokes occur in people between the ages of 45 and 65. So, returning to work is a big concern for this group during their rehabilitation. A vocational therapist can work with you and your caregivers to advise you of your right to reasonable accommodations in the workplace and coping with your return to work.

Continue Learning about Stroke Rehabilitation

How should I choose a stroke rehabilitation program?
Dr. Natalia S. Rost, MDDr. Natalia S. Rost, MD
You need to weigh a number of important factors when choosing a stroke rehabilitation program. Guide...
What are the benefits of occupational therapy in stroke rehabilitation?
Natalia S. Rost, MDNatalia S. Rost, MD
Regaining the skills for everyday living is the goal of the widely established practice of occupatio...
What is constraint-induced movement therapy (CIMT) for stroke rehab?
Natalia S. Rost, MDNatalia S. Rost, MD
One promising technique for people with moderate weakness in one arm following a stroke is constrain...
What is an outpatient stroke rehabilitation facility?
Outpatient stroke rehabilitation facilities allow you to live at home but come during the day for re...