What is the role of a recreational therapist in stroke rehabilitation?

A recreational therapist helps you to get back to leisure activities that you enjoyed before your stroke. In doing so, recreational therapists can have a positive impact on your quality of life. For example, a recreational therapist will help you find ways to play cards or read books if you have weakness or disability in an arm or hand following your stroke. This type of therapist will also help you use your leisure time to enhance your health and independence.

Continue Learning about Stroke Rehabilitation

What is an outpatient stroke rehabilitation facility?
Dr. Natalia S. Rost, MDDr. Natalia S. Rost, MD
Outpatient stroke rehabilitation facilities allow you to live at home but come during the day for re...
What are the benefits of occupational therapy in stroke rehabilitation?
Natalia S. Rost, MDNatalia S. Rost, MD
Regaining the skills for everyday living is the goal of the widely established practice of occupatio...
What is a stroke rehabilitation hospital?
Natalia S. Rost, MDNatalia S. Rost, MD
Stroke rehabilitation hospitals include free-standing hospitals and special units in acute-care hosp...
When can I go home from the hospital after I've had a stroke?
Reston Hospital CenterReston Hospital Center
Patients generally stay in the hospital for two to three days after a stroke.