What increases my risk for stridor?

Being a child puts you at risk for developing stridor. Children's air passages are narrower. They are more likely to develop a blockage that causes stridor.

Continue Learning about Stridor

For which health problems is stridor a symptom?
Stridor is not a disease itself but is a symptom of a health problem. The causes fall into three cat...
What factors affect the treatment of stridor?
Several factors affect the treatment of stridor. The cause of the symptom and the severity of the ca...
How does stridor occur in the body?
Stridor occurs when the upper part of the respiratory system, including the windpipe and sinuses, is...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with stridor?
If you care for someone with stridor, you should consult a physician to diagnose the underlying heal...