What factors affect the treatment of stridor?

Several factors affect the treatment of stridor. The cause of the symptom and the severity of the cause determine treatment. For example, in severe cases of croup intubation might be needed to make breathing easier for the child. The person's medical history, allergies, and tolerance to medications, and the doctor's treatment preferences guide the way stridor is treated.

Continue Learning about Stridor

How do I manage stridor on a daily basis?
For children with croup-related stridor, steam treatments and cool mist vaporizers can be used daily...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with stridor?
If you care for someone with stridor, you should consult a physician to diagnose the underlying heal...
Is there a cure for stridor?
Stridor can be cured, but you need to know the underlying cause of the symptom. Foreign objects bloc...
For which health problems is stridor a symptom?
Stridor is not a disease itself but is a symptom of a health problem. The causes fall into three cat...