Should I talk to my doctor about my stridor symptom?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Yes, you should contact a physician if you suspect you are experiencing stridor. Because this could be a symptom of a serious health problem, the cause needs to be identified as quickly as possible so appropriate treatment can be administered. Causes can range from congenital abnormalities to croup to a neck fracture.

Continue Learning about Stridor

What factors affect the treatment of stridor?
Several factors affect the treatment of stridor. The cause of the symptom and the severity of the ca...
What causes stridor?
Stridor occurs when the larynx or throat becomes blocked. The blockage can occur for many reasons, i...
Is stridor serious?
Stridor can accompany serious health problems, including obstruction of the airways and severe aller...
Is there a cure for stridor?
Stridor can be cured, but you need to know the underlying cause of the symptom. Foreign objects bloc...