Should I talk to my doctor about my stridor symptom?

Yes, you should contact a physician if you suspect you are experiencing stridor. Because this could be a symptom of a serious health problem, the cause needs to be identified as quickly as possible so appropriate treatment can be administered. Causes can range from congenital abnormalities to croup to a neck fracture.

Continue Learning about Stridor

Are there alternative treatments for stridor?
Alternative treatments of stridor depend on the underlying cause. Stridor caused by croup can be tre...
How do I manage stridor on a daily basis?
For children with croup-related stridor, steam treatments and cool mist vaporizers can be used daily...
What are the treatment options for stridor?
The appropriate treatment for stridor varies, depending on the cause of the symptom. If there is swe...
What is stridor?
Stridor refers to a musical-like, high-pitched sound or a gasping sound made when breathing. Stridor...