Does stridor affect children differently than adults?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Stridor doesn't affect adults and children differently. However, children are more likely to develop the symptom because of the narrowness of their airways compared to those of adults. The causes of the symptom also vary. Croup is the most common cause for children. Allergic reactions, trauma, and larynx tumors are some of the most common causes among adults.

Continue Learning about Stridor

Should I talk to my doctor about my stridor symptom?
Yes, you should contact a physician if you suspect you are experiencing stridor. Because this could ...
How is stridor diagnosed?
In most cases, the diagnosis of stridor can be made by your doctor after a physical examination and ...
Is stridor serious?
Stridor can accompany serious health problems, including obstruction of the airways and severe aller...
How does stridor occur in the body?
Stridor occurs when the upper part of the respiratory system, including the windpipe and sinuses, is...