How do other illnesses affect stridor?

Stridor is a symptom of other illnesses and health problems. For example, croup can cause inflammation around the windpipe in children, which can lead to stridor. Tumors on the larynx, allergic reactions, or vocal cord problems can cause the symptom to develop in adults.

Continue Learning about Stridor

Are there alternative treatments for stridor?
Alternative treatments of stridor depend on the underlying cause. Stridor caused by croup can be tre...
How does stridor affect my diagnosis?
Because stridor can be a symptom of different types of health problems, its presence helps doctors f...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with stridor?
If you care for someone with stridor, you should consult a physician to diagnose the underlying heal...
Can stridor be prevented?
Some causes of stridor, such as swallowing a foreign object, can be prevented. Other causes are cong...