I'm getting cramps in my calves at night, what stretches can help?

Make sure that you are drinking plenty of fluids and eating multiple balanced meals throughout the day. Cramps are usually a hydration and nutrition deficiency problem as well as a flexibility issue. Next, incorporate some flexibility exercises into your nighttime routine.&nbsp; Try foam rolling (a form of self-massage) your calves, stopping and holding your weight on top of tender spots you find for 20 seconds. Follow this with statically stretching your calves (holding the stretched position for 30 seconds). These are two easy ways to promote healthy tissue and increase your ankle and knee range of motion.&nbsp; Performing these exercises 2-3 times per day for 1 set each, holding each stretch for 30 seconds each side.&nbsp; <br />

Continue Learning about Stretching

What are some benefits of including stretching in my workout?
Stretching can help alleviate tension in tight muscles, increase joint range of motion, decrease str...
How often should I perform a stretch for my hips?
If you feel you are very tight, it is recommended you perform a hip stretch 2-3 times per day, holdi...
How can a hamstring injury be prevented?
David Hogarth David Hogarth
Minimizing risk is the name of the game to try to prevent any injury. Hamstrings cross both the hip ...
What type of stretching should I do to warm-up before exercise?
Three types of stretching you can perform before exercise include self-myofascial release (foam roll...