What are good stretches for warming up?

The best kind of stretches for warming up are dynamic stretches that involve functional movements. These include bounding, high knees, and side shuffling.

(This answer provided for NATA by the Washington State University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Stretching

The Best Time to Stretch
The Best Time to Stretch
Most people agree that stretching is good for your muscles. But should you do it before or after exercise? When are you likely to reap the most benefi...
Are certain stretches more beneficial when performed with a partner?
Partner assisted stretching also called neuromuscular stretching or proprioceptive neuromuscular fac...
Is there a stretch I can do to help improve my posture?
Improving posture will typically require a mix of flexibility and strengthening exercises. The first...
How Do I Foam Roll My Hamstrings?
How Do I Foam Roll My Hamstrings?