What should I avoid when doing the neck extensor stretch exercise?

When stretching the neck extensors, make sure you relax and don’t tense up your muscles as you’re stretching. Doing this could inadvertently trigger a muscle spasm or cramp. Also, avoid fast, jerky movement, this again, could cause muscle spasms.

Continue Learning about Stretching

What stretches should I do after jogging for an hour?
Mr. Donovan GreenMr. Donovan Green
It is very important to stretch your hamstrings before and after you run. One of the best stretches ...
Is foam rolling beneficial to do for a warm-up?
Yes, foam rolling can be beneficial to do as part of a warm-up because the act of moving different b...
How do I do the hamstring stretch exercise while standing?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
The hamstring stretch exercise stretches tight hamstrings responsible for poor pelvic motion whi...
What should I avoid when doing the all-fours rocking stretch neck exercise?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
Common errors when doing the all-fours rocking stretch for the neck (an exercise that passively ...