What stretches can I do as a warm-up to reduce my chance of being injured?

A few stretches that most people can use are calf complex, hip flexor complex, lats, and pecs. Due to the lifestyle many of us live, we will be tight in these specific areas. It is always best to be evaluated by a fitness professional to determine your specific needs.

Continue Learning about Stretching

How can I decrease the tension I feel in my outer thighs?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
That is a great question because so many of our kinetic chain or gait issues are caused by excessive...
Should stretching hurt when I do it?
No, stretching should not hurt. Feeling pain during a stretch indicates that you have stretched too ...
How should I stretch my shoulders and middle back?
A good stretch for the shoulders and middle back is the static Latissimus Dorsi ball stretch. To per...
What should I avoid when doing the all-fours rocking stretch neck exercise?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
Common errors when doing the all-fours rocking stretch for the neck (an exercise that passively ...