Are there movement-oriented stretches I can do before a game?

Absolutely. A few movement-oriented flexibility exercises include prisoner squats, squats on a single leg, a lunge in multiple directions, and tube walking. These exercises mimic many of the movements you will perform during a game, so they are great for waking up your muscles, increasing blood flow, and preparing your body for specific game-time movements.

Continue Learning about Stretching

Warm Up Exercises Before, Cool Down Stretches After
If you're a guilt-ridden exerciser who never stretches before popping that vintage Richard Simmons tape into your player, go to the head of the class....
Are there any stretches I can do for my neck?
Yes, there are several stretches for your neck which will target different portions of your neck mus...
Is foam rolling beneficial to do for a warm-up?
Yes, foam rolling can be beneficial to do as part of a warm-up because the act of moving different b...
How can I stretch my back?
A great stretch for the back is the erector spinae stretch. Perform the erector spinae stretch by fo...