How can I loosen my lower back and hips after a flight?

This is a great stretch for all of us to do: the Seated Curtsy (stretches muscles of the hip).
Sit in a sturdy chair and lift your left leg up, placing your left ankle on top of your right knee. Maintaining a straight spine, rest your left hand on your left knee. Take your right hand and gently pull up your left foot as if you wanted to look at the bottom of your foot. If you don't feel any stretch in this position, gently press your left knee down and think of a string pulling your lower back gently towards up calf. Take 4 deep meditational breaths and switch sides and repeat with right leg up. If you are not feeling the stretch place your elbow on your up knee and lean gently further forward.

Continue Learning about Stretching

Best Ways to Stretch Your Neck and Shoulders
Is your neck achy? Are your shoulders sore? Think about how much time you've spent at your computer or on your smartphone today. Turns out, there's a ...
Is stretching supposed to be painful?
Kristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness ExpertKristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness Expert
While stretching is not the most comfortable activity in the world, it certainly should not be painf...
Can stretching actually decrease performance?
Yes and no. Static stretching, when performed acutely (once in a while), may decrease strength and p...
How Do I Stretch My Chest and Arm Muscles?