How do I stretch my mid-back?

A great way to stretch the mid-back is to perform the thoracic spine foam roll technique.  This technique helps to reduce the sensation of tightness in the muscles of the mid-back and improve the range of motion of the spine.  Here is how to do it:  lie face up on the floor with the foam roll underneath the mid/upper back. Next, place the hands behind the head and let the elbows fall out toward the floor while keeping the head relaxed but supported.  Last, raise the hips off the floor while slowly rolling back and forth and applying pressure on any tender spots for at least 30 seconds.

Continue Learning about Stretching

How can I decrease the tension I feel in my outer thighs?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
That is a great question because so many of our kinetic chain or gait issues are caused by excessive...
What are FITT guidelines for stretching?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
The FITT acronym can remind you to slightly alter the Frequency, Intensity, Time (duration), and Typ...
How should I stretch my calf muscles and Achilles tendon?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
To stretch your calves and Achilles tendon, stand facing the wall. Place both hands on the wall, wit...
Should stretching hurt when I do it?
No, stretching should not hurt. Feeling pain during a stretch indicates that you have stretched too ...