How do I stretch my chest muscles?

Hold an exercise band loosely in your hands and interweave your fingers behind your head without touching your head. While standing upright, act as if there are strings on your elbows and hands, pulling them directly behind you as you take five deep breaths.

A great way to stretch the chest muscles is to perform a standing chest stretch.  This stretch can be performed against any stable object such as a doorway, wall, pole, etc.  Perform the stretch by following the technique described below. Start by standing with the forearm in a vertical position against a stable object with the elbow and shoulder bent at 90-degree angles.  Next, place the feet in a staggered stance position so that the leg in back is the same side as the chest muscle being stretched.  Lastly, slowly shift your body weight forward until a stretch is felt in front toward the front of the shoulder and chest; hold the stretch for 30 seconds and repeat on the opposite side.

Continue Learning about Stretching

what stretches should i do after jogging for an hour ?
Running is a great form of exercise but due to the nature of the prolonged repetitive motion causes ...
how can i stretch my back ?
A great stretch for the back is the erector spinae stretch. Perform the erector spinae stretch by fo...
how can i stretch my back , glutes and hamstrings ?
The full back stretch will help you stretch all three areas of the back (upper, middle and lower...
are certain stretches more beneficial when performed with a partner ?
Partner assisted stretching also called neuromuscular stretching or proprioceptive neuromuscular fac...