How do I stretch my piriformis?

A great stretch that I perform almost daily includes lying on your back with your knees bent and heels towards your hips. Next, cross one leg over the next, for example, take your right leg and cross over your left. Next grab under your kneecap on your left leg and pull that leg towards you. The feeling of this stretch is great! If you want a deeper stretch, slightly press on the knee of the leg crossed, for this example, your right knee and you will be able to feel a deeper stretch!  Enjoy!

Continue Learning about Stretching

What stretches can I do as a warm-up to reduce my chance of being injured?
A few stretches that most people can use are calf complex, hip flexor complex, lats, and pecs. Due t...
How can I stretch my ankles?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
Here's how to an inversion and eversion ankle stretch: Reps: 3-4 Sets: 1 Intensity: Light Hold: 1...
How do I begin stretching?
Wendy Batts Wendy Batts
While stretching commonly tight areas like the shoulders, calves and hips are great places to start,...
Should I bother with stretching if my goal is to get big?
Yes. Stretching can be beneficial for any fitness or performance goal including increasing muscle si...