How should I stretch my triceps?

Extend one arm across your chest, palm facing backward. Hook your other arm underneath it, elbow bent, fingers pointing toward the ceiling. Use your hooked arm to pull your straight arm backward. Hold for 15 seconds; reverse arms and repeat. Breathe deeply throughout the stretch. Resist raising your shoulders toward your ears; shoulders should be level and even with each other.

With your feet shoulder width apart, raise your right arm straight up and over your head. Bend your elbow so that your right hand is across the top of your head towards your opposite shoulder. Use your left hand to press back on your right elbow pulling your arm across the body. Repeat using the other arm; hold each stretch for three seconds repeat for as many sets as necessary. 
Dr. Vonda Wright, MD
Orthopedic Surgery
Use this exercise to keep your triceps (the muscle in the back of the upper arm) stretched:

1. With your feet shoulder width apart, raise your right arm straight up and over your head.

2. Bend your elbow so that your right hand is reaching for your left shoulder.

3. Use your left hand to press back on your right elbow. You will feel a great stretch in the back of your arm and upper shoulder.

4. Hold for 30 seconds and repeat four times on each side. Remember to breathe while you do this. (It feels great.)
Fitness After 40: How to Stay Strong at Any Age

It's one of the undeniable facts of life. After we reach a certain age, our bodies change. No matter how fit we may have been at 20, we're very different people after 40. But growing older doesn't...

Continue Learning about Stretching

Start Your Mornings With a Stretch
Start Your Mornings With a Stretch
In October of 2008, a mare named Donnaguska entered her first race at Hawthorne Race Course in Cicero, IL. The announcer noted that the inexperienced ...
How should I stretch my hamstrings?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
There are several methods to stretch your hamstrings, for example: Lie on your back in a doorway w...
How do I stretch my chest and arm muscles?
Steven Shoshany, DCSteven Shoshany, DC
To properly stretch your chest and arms, there are a few simple exercises you can do daily. In this ...
How Do I Stretch My Chest and Arm Muscles?