How long does directed stretching take?

Gerald M. Silverman
Chiropractic Medicine
Directed stretching can be done anywhere and anytime you have fifteen minutes to yourself. Morning, afternoon, or evening, it makes no difference. If you'd like to stretch while you're watching the evening news and sipping a glass of wine, that's great. If you prefer to stretch while watching baseball and drinking beer, that's fine too. Just make sure the seventh inning stretch goes the entire inning and not just for the two-minute Budweiser commercial. The results are not dependent upon when or where you do it; the only thing that matters is how you do it. It is amazing how many millions of people freely relinquish their time, their money, and their care to modestly effective therapies that require them to travel back and forth for treatment, taking up several hours a week. By spending the same total time -- or less -- with a more convenient and effective home approach, you can achieve similar or better results.
Your Miraculous Back: A Step-By-Step Guide to Relieving Neck & Back Pain

Many of us complain about our 'bad back,' but this book argues that our backs are, without exception, amazing examples of bioengineering, capable of dramatic feats of strength, flexibility, and...

Continue Learning about Stretching

Start Your Mornings With a Stretch
Start Your Mornings With a Stretch
In October of 2008, a mare named Donnaguska entered her first race at Hawthorne Race Course in Cicero, IL. The announcer noted that the inexperienced ...
How often should I perform a stretch for my hips?
If you feel you are very tight, it is recommended you perform a hip stretch 2-3 times per day, holdi...
What should I keep in mind while stretching?
When performing stretches, you want to keep in mind that your technique for the stretch is just as i...
How Do I Stretch My Chest and Arm Muscles?