How can I stretch my back?

A great stretch for the back is the erector spinae stretch. Perform the erector spinae stretch by following the technique described below. Sit on the floor with one leg straight in front of your body and opposite leg crossed over the top with the foot flat on floor. Press the opposite arm against thigh of the top leg and rotate your body to increase the stretch felt in the back. Hold the stretch for at least 30 seconds and either repeat on the same side or perform on the opposite side if desired.

Continue Learning about Stretching

What are good stretches for warming up?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The best kind of stretches for warming up are dynamic stretches that involve functional movements. T...
When I am doing a calf stretch is it ok to hang off a step?
Traci Riley , NASM Elite TrainerTraci Riley , NASM Elite Trainer
You can perform a calf stretch by hanging your heels off a step but it can put strain on your Achill...
When should I stretch?
Keith Chittenden , NASM Elite TrainerKeith Chittenden , NASM Elite Trainer
Being flexible is the key to good health overall. The more flexibile you are the better. I recommend...
How Do I Stretch My Chest and Arm Muscles?