How can I stretch my back, glutes and hamstrings?

The full back stretch will help you stretch all three areas of the back (upper, middle and lower back). Begin by sitting on the ground, legs out in front. Place one leg crossed over the opposite extended leg. Rotate your trunk towards the bent leg, creating a stretch. Perform in both directions for 1-2 repetitions of 30 second holds.  Make sure you continue breathing for this entire exercise and keep your torso as tall as possible.  You should increase the range of motion you are stretching very slowly by crawling your hand on the ground behind your back inch by inch until you reach your end point.

Continue Learning about Stretching

The Best Time to Stretch
The Best Time to Stretch
Most people agree that stretching is good for your muscles. But should you do it before or after exercise? When are you likely to reap the most benefi...
When should I stretch during a workout?
Rose ReismanRose Reisman
The latest research shows that stretching after your exercise is more effective than before sinc...
Do I need to warm up before I exercise?
To minimize the risk of injury, you should prepare your body for movement each time you get ready to...
How Do I Stretch My Chest and Arm Muscles?