How can I stretch my back, glutes and hamstrings?

The full back stretch will help you stretch all three areas of the back (upper, middle and lower back). Begin by sitting on the ground, legs out in front. Place one leg crossed over the opposite extended leg. Rotate your trunk towards the bent leg, creating a stretch. Perform in both directions for 1-2 repetitions of 30 second holds.  Make sure you continue breathing for this entire exercise and keep your torso as tall as possible.  You should increase the range of motion you are stretching very slowly by crawling your hand on the ground behind your back inch by inch until you reach your end point.

Continue Learning about Stretching

Do I have to do cardio to warm-up?
No, you do not have to do cardio to warm-up before your workout. The purpose of performing a warm-up...
Is it possible to go too far into a stretch?
Yes, it is entirely possible to go too far into a stretch which typically results in a painful pulli...
Do I need to stretch before exercising?
Mark Dickey , NASM Elite TrainerMark Dickey , NASM Elite Trainer
If you are not correcting a dysfunction, stretching prior to working out is not necessary, but a tot...
How do I stretch my mid-back?
A great way to stretch the mid-back is to perform the thoracic spine foam roll technique.  This ...