I wake up each morning with a stiff neck; what can I do?

To help avoid neck pain in the morning make sure you're sleeping with a pillow that properly supports your head and neck in the correct position. A fantastic exercise to do to alleviate a stiff neck is the upper trapezius stretch before and after every workout. When performing this technique, make sure you do not stretch too far. It should be a comfortable stretch that you hold for approximately 30 seconds. This will give your neck muscles enough time to relax and lengthen. Stop immediately if you experience pain during this stretch or tingling in your arm.

Continue Learning about Stretching

What is a good hamstring stretch?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
Here's how to do an alternating hamstring stretch: Reps: 3-4 per leg Sets: 1 Intensity: Moderate ...
Is stretching going to help me tone-up?
Yes, stretching can help you tone-up assuming you follow your stretches with strengthening exercises...
How do I stretch my chest and arm muscles?
To stretch your chest and arm muscles do:Chest and triceps (back of the upper arm) stretch. Find som...
How can I loosen my lower back and hips after a flight?
Joel Harper - Elite TrainerJoel Harper - Elite Trainer
This is a great stretch for all of us to do: the Seated Curtsy (stretches muscles of the hip). Sit ...