My neck feels very stiff; what can I do pre-workout?

Before you begin your workout, make sure you go through a comprehensive warm-up consisting of flexibility and light strengthening exercises. This will help prepare the tissues of your body for the stresses of the workout that are to follow. An example warm-up consists of static stretching for your latissimus dorsi, chest, and neck. Hold each stretch for approximately 30 seconds. This will allow the tissues enough time to relax and lengthen, improving overall range of motion. After stretching, perform a few light strengthening exercises for your upper body such as the ball dumbbell scaption, standing cable external rotation, and a squat to row exercise.

Continue Learning about Stretching

Start Your Mornings With a Stretch
Start Your Mornings With a Stretch
In October of 2008, a mare named Donnaguska entered her first race at Hawthorne Race Course in Cicero, IL. The announcer noted that the inexperienced ...
How do I perform a standing chest stretch?
Stand against an object like a wall or large machine with your forearm placed vertically against the...
What is a good stretch for my legs and lower back?
The following stretch can help loosen up your legs and lower back.The Hippie: With your feet flat on...
How Do I Foam Roll My Hamstrings?
How Do I Foam Roll My Hamstrings?