Are there any stretches I can do for my neck?

Yes, there are several stretches for your neck which will target different portions of your neck musculature. However, use caution when stretching your neck, and make sure to stay within a pain-free range of motion. If you experience any tingling in your arm, stop the stretch immediately as this may be an indication that you are irritating a nerve. The most common neck stretch is the upper trapezius stretch. To complete this stretch, begin by standing up tall, using optimal posture and looking straight ahead. Then, tuck your chin, creating a double chin, and slowly move your left ear toward your left shoulder until you feel a stretch on the right side of your neck. Hold the stretched position for 20-30 seconds, then switch sides and repeat.

Continue Learning about Stretching

Warm Up Exercises Before, Cool Down Stretches After
If you're a guilt-ridden exerciser who never stretches before popping that vintage Richard Simmons tape into your player, go to the head of the class....
How can I stretch my lower back?
A great stretch for the lower back is the erector spinae stretch.  Perform the erector spinae stre...
How should I do directed stretching exercises for my neck?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
The aim of directed stretching for the neck is to find the position that most closely reproduces...
When During My Workout Would I Use a Foam Roller?