When should I talk to my doctor about stress?

If you are stressed and routinely feel anxious, tense or depressed, and find that these feelings interfere with sleeping, eating, relationships or work, talk to your healthcare provider. Counseling and medications may help.

Continue Learning about Stress

Parents Get School Stress, Too—Here’s How to Handle It
After a relaxing summer, the first day of a new school year can bring a mixture of giddy excitement—new teachers! new friends! new notebooks ready to ...
What are common reactions to stress in children ages 5 to 11?
Any of the following can be normal reactions when your child is exposed to stress:Difficulty sleepin...
5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out
5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out
Stress is a normal part of life—but some is within your control. Find out which habits—an unhealthy diet, skimping on sleep—cause stress overload.
When Is It Time for a Man to Go See a Doctor About Stress?