What is toxic worrying?

Elizabeth Lombardo, PhD
Physical Therapy
Toxic worrying is worry that can't be controlled, which can have an adverse impact on multiple aspects of your life. In this video, clinical psychologist Elizabeth Lombardo, PhD, defines the concept of toxic worrying, and why it can be harmful.

Continue Learning about Stress

Stressed? Take Those Old Records off the Shelf
When your body is in knots and your mind won't let your worries rest, you might think that a massage is the way to go. But here's a cheaper, quicker f...
How can I prevent my stress from harming my child?
If you feel like harming your child, it may be best to walk away from the situation until you ca...
5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out
5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out
Stress is a normal part of life—but some is within your control. Find out which habits—an unhealthy diet, skimping on sleep—cause stress overload.
How Can I Monitor My Health Without Increasing My Stress Levels?