Q

Stress

What is acute stress?

• A , Preventive Medicine, answered
    Acute stress is anything you perceive as an immediate threat. Acute stress is your normal mental and physical response to an emergency or traumatic event. This may be an automobile accident, an argument with another person, or you losing a tennis match. Acute stress can be caused by any sense of danger, noise, crowding, hunger, or infection in your body. Acute stress occurs as a natural short term response and is healthy and normal. You release stress related chemicals in to the body and they quickly dissipate from your body after a trauma or emergency.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
Can a bad economy affect my health?