Q

Stress

How can I use stress to my advantage?

• A , Fitness, answered
    The key to coping with stress and living successfully and healthfully in our stress-filled world is not to avoid stress -- as if anyone can -- but to use stress to your advantage, harnessing all the energy released by the general adaptation response without letting it harm your health. To do that, you need a strong, fit body that can recover quickly from that stress before it does permanent harm, and you need to develop strategies such as exercise that minimize the effects of stress when it does occur, providing a variety of stress-release opportunities.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
What are the stages of stress?