What are two of the best stress-reducers?

There are lots of ways to decrease stress, among them is physical activity. In order to stay consistent the activity has to be fun and accessible.

Walking: Walking can be done anywhere, anytime, alone or with a partner and without any extra equipment. Walking is a low impact aerobic activity that not only improves your mood and decreases stress, but also helps to maintain weight, lowers blood pressure and cholesterol, and is a great lower body workout. 

Yoga: Yoga is a physical and mental activity that also involves meditation and concentration. Yoga increases flexibility and strength by using body weight and helps to teach self-awareness. People who regularly attend Yoga classes learn how to relax and de-stress.

Two of my favorite stress-reducers are laughing and meditation. Laughing, which reduces anxiety, tension, and stress, can make you between 1.7 to eight years younger.

With meditation, there's a multiple payoff. Meditation helps maintain your brain cells and preserve memory-related functions, and the stress-reduction component of meditation helps prevent such conditions as depression and anxiety disorder. And it's easy to meditate-almost as easy as laughing.
YOU: The Owner's Manual, Updated and Expanded Edition: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger

Between your full-length mirror and high-school biology class, you probably think you know a lot about the human body. While it's true that we live in an age when we're as obsessed with our bodies as...

Continue Learning about Stress

4 Reasons You Should Try Coloring
4 Reasons You Should Try Coloring
While coloring never goes out of style for kids, it’s now a booming business for adults as well. Sales in adult coloring books soared from 1 million i...
How can I manage stressors in my life?
You can learn to manage how you respond to stressors through relaxation, meditation, some forms of p...
12-Step Stress Management Plan
12-Step Stress Management Plan12-Step Stress Management Plan12-Step Stress Management Plan12-Step Stress Management Plan
Learn how to keep chronic stress from aging your body.
Week 3 and 4 on The #Blessed30 Challenge