How can massaging your ears reduce stress?

Borrowing from the ancient secrets of acupuncture, acupressure allows you to give yourself an ear massage that reduces stress. Gently massaging pressure points on the lobes and outer rims of the ear helps to relax all the muscles of the face and body. Start by applying light pressure to your earlobes using your thumb and index finger. Then, rub the earlobes and move up the outer rim of the ear to the top of your ear. Apply pressure very gently and then work your way back down. You can do this for about 1-2 minutes.

Continue Learning about Stress

Positive-Thinking Exercises to Undo Stressful Thoughts
Sometimes the noise from inside our own heads is the biggest stressor of all. But here's the phrase that can turn things around for you: "My mind is c...
When should a man see a doctor about stress?
Dr. Harry Fisch, MDDr. Harry Fisch, MD
A man should see his doctor regularly -- as often as he tunes up his car! In this video, I will disc...
5 Ways Your Job May Be Hurting Your Health
5 Ways Your Job May Be Hurting Your Health5 Ways Your Job May Be Hurting Your Health5 Ways Your Job May Be Hurting Your Health5 Ways Your Job May Be Hurting Your Health
Find out how working too much can make you sick – and what you can do.
What Is Ashwagandha?
What Is Ashwagandha?