Is having a long commute bad for my health?

Long commutes negatively impact your health—eating up time you might use for exercise and adding to the total time you spend sitting (and stressing, if you're in traffic). In fact, people who sit 8 to 11 hours a day are twice as likely to die (over any given three-year period of time) than folks who sit for 4 hours a day or less. Now, a Texas study confirms what we've suspected: the longer the commute, the more likely you are to put on pounds and increase your risk for heart disease and diabetes.
Dr. Robin Miller, MD
Having a long commute can have detrimental physical and emotional effects, like divorce, depression, and a lesser quality of life. In this video, I will discuss ways to cope if you have a long commute.

Continue Learning about Stress