How does stress affect us at the molecular level?

Elissa Epel, PhD, MS
Integrative Medicine

The stress response can affect our bodies all the way down to a cellular level, says Elissa Epel, PhD, associate professor of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco. In this video, she discusses how our cells can be sensitive.

Continue Learning about Stress

Stress Increases Your Risk of Heart Disease
Did you know that a small amount of stress is good for you? It helps motivate you to get things done. Too much stress can have the opposite effect, in...
When should I talk to my doctor about stress?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If you are stressed and routinely feel anxious, tense or depressed, and find that these feelings...
7 Ways Stress Can Harm Your Body
7 Ways Stress Can Harm Your Body7 Ways Stress Can Harm Your Body7 Ways Stress Can Harm Your Body7 Ways Stress Can Harm Your Body
Stress isn't just bad for your mental health—it can harm your physical health as well. Learn how, plus smart strategies to help you take control.
How Can I Stop Worrying?
How Can I Stop Worrying?