How can stress affect my breast milk supply?

Stress can block the letdown reflex and reduce milk flow. Your milk supply can change during the day related to your baby’s condition. If you have extreme stress, you may not be able to pump any milk at all even though milk is still in the breast. This is temporary. It is important to keep pumping regularly to keep a good milk supply.

Continue Learning about Stress

Stressed About Retirement? Here's How to Ease Your Mind
Worried about saving enough for retirement? You’re not alone. A 2016 survey of 1,000 workers found that it was a top source of financial stress, regar...
How does stress affect my quality of sleep?
Stress can decrease your quality of sleep in a major way. There are two stages of sleep, categor...
I Deleted My Instagram—Plus 7 Other Things That Calmed Me Down
I Deleted My Instagram—Plus 7 Other Things That Calmed Me DownI Deleted My Instagram—Plus 7 Other Things That Calmed Me DownI Deleted My Instagram—Plus 7 Other Things That Calmed Me DownI Deleted My Instagram—Plus 7 Other Things That Calmed Me Down
I never realized how anxious I was until my phone analyzed the stress in my voice.
How Does Chronic Stress Contribute to Heart Disease?