How can I remember to let go of stress?

Attach taking an action to de-stress -- like a deep breath -- to a simple activity you do several times a day. Whenever you pick up your keys, get in the car or hang up the phone or feel a stone in your pocket, remember to breathe or do one of the other quick stress tips.

Set your calendar alarm on the computer at the beginning of the day to remind you to take an action to de-stress every hour.

We are creatures of habit. Setting a reminder for a few weeks will begin to condition your body and mind to create the habit of de-stressing. After a few weeks, you may find yourself naturally doing your de-stress action regularly without the reminder.

Continue Learning about Stress

My Commute Made Me a Stress Monster—Here's How I Fixed It
I used to swear a lot. Specifically, I swore a lot last year, when my daily commute started chipping away at my sanity. Each morning, I would roll i...
How can I keep stress from interfering with my nutrition?
Margaret FloydMargaret Floyd
As Marc David, nutritionist, psychologist, and author of The Slow Down Diet (2005), explains, st...
5 Ways Your Job May Be Hurting Your Health
5 Ways Your Job May Be Hurting Your Health5 Ways Your Job May Be Hurting Your Health5 Ways Your Job May Be Hurting Your Health5 Ways Your Job May Be Hurting Your Health
Find out how working too much can make you sick – and what you can do.
How Does Stress Affect a Man's Sex Drive?