How does age affect stress?

As the irony of life would have it, apparently stress is something we handle better with age. All of us react differently to stress and stressful events but, on average, it seems we become better equipped to handle stress the older we get. According to the National Study of Health & Well Being done by the University of Wisconsin-Madison Institute on Aging, older men and women (ages sixty to seventy-five) reported fewer daily stressors than their younger counterparts. And compared to people ages twenty-five to fifty-nine, older adults say their stress is not nearly as disruptive and unpleasant.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Stress

Working Out a Good Cry
Working Out a Good Cry
Feel like you could use a good cry but just can't get the waterworks started? Try going for a long, hard walk. According to Tina Vindum, author of Ou...
What are the stages of stress?
Ben KaminskyBen Kaminsky
Stage 1: Alarm Reaction. Any physical, emotional, or mental upset will cause an instantaneous re...
9-Step Plan to Control Your Anger
9-Step Plan to Control Your Anger9-Step Plan to Control Your Anger9-Step Plan to Control Your Anger9-Step Plan to Control Your Anger
Keep your cool with these helpful coping strategies.
How Can My Romantic Relationship Affect My Health?