How does age affect stress?

As the irony of life would have it, apparently stress is something we handle better with age. All of us react differently to stress and stressful events but, on average, it seems we become better equipped to handle stress the older we get. According to the National Study of Health & Well Being done by the University of Wisconsin-Madison Institute on Aging, older men and women (ages sixty to seventy-five) reported fewer daily stressors than their younger counterparts. And compared to people ages twenty-five to fifty-nine, older adults say their stress is not nearly as disruptive and unpleasant.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Stress

Less Clutter, Less Stress
Less Clutter, Less Stress
Jane and I usually have lunch after yoga class on Saturdays. Recently, she politely excused herself and told me how excited she was to continue declut...
Shape Your Thoughts to Shape the Life You Want
Research shows that it takes about 66 days to form a new habit. It varied for each person but it was somewhere between 2 and 8 months. The study also ...
Why are some people better able to cope with stress than others?
Michael J. Mufson, MDMichael J. Mufson, MD
Increasingly, researchers are attempting to zero in on factors that make some people "stress-hardy" ...
What Are Healthy Ways to Reduce Stress?
What Are Healthy Ways to Reduce Stress?