How can I cope up with stress?

There are many ways to deal with stress. Aerobic exercise and meditation are commonly accepted methods. For some, involvement in activities that help other people, work with pets and animals and engagement in the arts are helpful. Perhaps as importantly, avoiding the quick fixes to make you feel better such as drugs, alcohol, and overeating will keep you from making the problem worse.

Continue Learning about Stress

How Much Does Worrying Hurt?
How Much Does Worrying Hurt?
Attitude is everything. Get all worked up about stuff and your ticker pays part of the price. But cultivate a "this too shall pass" attitude and you ...
News: Intense Stress May Raise Risk for Autoimmune Disease
People who have stress-related disorders tied to traumatic life events have an increased risk for autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, accor...
Why are some people better able to cope with stress than others?
Michael J. Mufson, MDMichael J. Mufson, MD
Increasingly, researchers are attempting to zero in on factors that make some people "stress-hardy" ...
When should I talk to my doctor about stress?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If you are stressed and routinely feel anxious, tense or depressed, and find that these feelings...