How can I reduce stress in the afternoon?

Michael B. Finkelstein, MD
To reduce stress in the afternoon, take two or three minutes to write down five things for which you are grateful. Be sure to write them down, instead of just mentally noting them. The act of writing will drive home the positive messages. Doing this is a powerful way to help you shift perspective. Your gratitude can be as simple as having a roof over your head or food in your stomach. They can be phrased as, “I love my dog” or “I am happy the sun is out.” Taking time to pause and reflect on the many gifts in your life -- which you may take for granted -- will help you stay resilient and relax after a stressful day.

Continue Learning about Stress

Why Spending Time With Friends Will Lower Your Stress
Thousands of studies have found that the majority of us thrive when we have strong, positive relationships with other people. Your happiness actually ...
How are stress and cardiovascular disease related?
Chippenham Hospital - HCA VirginiaChippenham Hospital - HCA Virginia
The association of mental stress and cardiovascular disease prognosis is well established, and menta...
8 Stress Relief Tricks ER Doctors Swear By
8 Stress Relief Tricks ER Doctors Swear By8 Stress Relief Tricks ER Doctors Swear By8 Stress Relief Tricks ER Doctors Swear By8 Stress Relief Tricks ER Doctors Swear By
Try these expert-approved tips the next time you're feeling overwhelmed.
How Important Is Managing Stress?
How Important Is Managing Stress?